If you are planning a visit to Montreal soon, make sure you make a stop at one of the many Ben & Florentine franchises there. This company offers some delectable menu items across Canada, with some plates available only in specific region: Quebec, Ontario, or Manitoba.
Rather than go into the specific menus of each country, though, let’s just look at a few of the different types of menu items available throughout the franchise. All breakfast plates comes served with the company’s famous potatoes and applesauce; coffee or leaf tea is also included.
Every restaurant chain has something they are famous for serving; at Ben & Florentine that would be the Eggs Benedict. Here you can choice or a bagel or English Muffin when you order; and, of course, hollandaise sauce:
- Traditional—bacon or ham
- Florentine—spinach and cheddar
- Brie & Portabello
- Crazy meat—bacon and ham and sausage
- Geneva—ham, asparagus, and Swiss cheese
- “The Avocado”—bacon and avocado
- “Lox”—smoked salmon, red onions, chives, and cream cheese
As a great breakfast joint, Ben & Florentine also serves a handful of house-recipe omelets, made to order.
- Montebello—brie and portobello mushrooms
- Vegetarian—red onions, asparagus, dried tomato, roasted red peppers, protobello mushroom, and cheddar cheese
- Portuguese—chorizo, peppadew peppers, roasted red peppers, and mozzarella cheese
- Swiss—ham, asparagus, and swiss cheese
- Smoked Meat—smoked meat and swiss cheese
- Goat Cheese—spinach and portobello mushroom and goat cheese.
- Avocado & Spinach—spinach, avocado, and swiss cheese
- “Eastern”—ham with dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and red onions
- Choicer Boucher—bacon and ham and sausage and cheddar
If omelets just aren’t your thing, though, Ben & Florentine also offers many egg dishes as well. Most start with 2 eggs and then add:
- authentic—with bacon, greaves, baked beans, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese
- Twice blue—with bacon and pancakes with blueberries
- Gourmandise—with bacon and sausage; as well as a half waffle with almonds, chocolate chips, chocolate hazelnut, and white chocolate
- Classic—with bacon or ham or sausage, or with greaves and baked beans, or with fresh fruit and choice of potatoes or tomatoes
- Ten out of Ten—with bacon, ham, sausage, greaves, and baked beans; as well as choice of waffle, French toast, pancake, or crepe
- Two Eggs (etc)—with chocolate waffles, French toast, pancakes or crepes
- “Big Ben”—with bacon and ham and sausages